Hey Everyone! Before I get to the topic of this post, I just want to first say thank you for stopping by my blog. As you can see, this is my first post. To quickly introduce myself, my name is Katrina. I'm a newlywed and a mother of a 7 year old son. I'm a computer programming student, and a coach's wife.
I have a huge passion for crafting, painting...or just creating period. I could spend all day in a Hobby Lobby. I also enjoy fashion and home decor. With that said, this is what you can expect to see on Kraev23 (pronounced "crave"), and I hope to have you back! Now on to the DIY...
This project literally only took me less than 5 minutes to complete. I wanted to have personalized stockings, but since we are starting from scratch w/our Christmas decor, this isn't something I wanted to spend a great amount on. Then I found these iron-on "embroidered" letters at Hobby Lobby.
You can purchase here online, or in store for $2.88.
I was excited to find these, since I had only planned to have our first initials embroidered anyway.
I picked up some plain brown velvet and satin stockings at Wal-Mart. (Pictured below. I was unable to find them on the website, but I believe they were $6.88 in store in several colors.) The ornaments on our tree are gold and white. Since some of the satin gold ornaments lean towards the bronze side, I thought brown would be a good compliment.
I wanted to iron on the letters on the cuff, but decided against it due to the texture of the satin. I'm still pretty pleased w/how they turned out, considering they only cost me a total of around $10 each!
We don't have a fireplace, so I'm currently browsing Pinterest for a creative way to hang them.
Well, I'm off to Hobby Lobby to buy the supplies to make this tree skirt. See you soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment